Why we take a little longer than some builders
1. Review plans and contracts in detail and revise so correct and include everything you’d like and been promised by the sales person. Note the sales person is often NOT the builder, so ensure the builders contract includes all you expect please.
2. Before starting on site we get a SURVEY done (+1-2 weeks additional time) and then amend plans to suit actual levels before starting (+1-2 weeks). Most times land developers have changed! Ensures plans meet approvals and insurance conditions.
3. Engineer to read soil profile and design to suit rather than use generic sizes
4. We use premium footing designs, preferred to waffle pod and raft slabs where engineering allows, this takes longer to prepare and place (+1-3 weeks). Avoids exposed edge slab visible externally of completed home, ask us to show you examples!
5. Waiting for good trades to be available rather than rushing to use anyone.
6. We like to do a display home quality job and sometimes that means asking trades to re-do some items we/you would not be happy with. Make good takes time calling trades back and sometimes re-ordering materials
7. Site meetings with you at agreed stages to your selected service level, review and incorporate variations (these can add longer delays depending what they are and should be avoid if possible if work started on site) and any follow-up of items
8. Design complexity, additional corners, windows, feature tiling, installing carpets, tiles, blinds, all takes additional labour time on site. (If you simply these items you can save time)
9. Handover process after completion before you move in, we walk through with you and call all trades back to finish and touch-up before you move in. This way virtually no call backs for warranty items and minimal/if any time off work later. (+3 weeks)